Butternut Squash and Sausage Stuffing•
Posted on November 23 2017
Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Everyone here at Team SGP is so looking forward to a day of family, food and gratitude, and we couldn't let the holiday pass without sharing one of our favorite Thanksgiving dishes - Butternut Squash and Sausage Stuffing.
This stuffing is a riff on Dorie Greenspan's Pumpkin Stuffed with Everything Good, and it has been a favorite at our table for years. The not-so-secret ingredient that makes this dish such a hit is the sage-flavored sausage. If you don't have room for this on tomorrow's menu, go ahead and bookmark it for Christmas - it is sure to be requested year after year!
Butternut Squash and Sausage Stuffing
- 16 oz package of Sage Sausage
- 8 oz Havarti cheese, shredded
- 1 large butternut squash (2-3 lbs), peeled and cubed
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb loaf of French bread, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and cube butternut squash. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Roast squash for approximately 30 minutes.
- Toast bread cubes (also at 350 degrees) for approximately 10 minutes.
- While squash is roasting, brown sausage in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Mix together bread cubes, squash, sausage and cheese.
- Pour cream over mixture and toss to coat.
- Pour stuffing into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake stuffing for approximately 20 minutes at 350. Remove foil and bake about 10-15 minutes longer, until heated through and lightly browned.
Wishing all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Valentines Gift Guide
Hi friends! February may be the darkest, coldest month but at least there’s Valentines and Galentines just around the corner! I pulled together som...Read More
Mood-boarding & Ins...
My other word for 2021 is cultivate. Over the years, I have come to understand the importance of tending to your own voice/creativity like you woul...Read More
My words for 2021: ...
Earlier this month, I mentioned that there are several changes happening in 2021 at SGP that I would share with y'all soon. And one of the big chan...Read More