Italian Pasta Salad•
Posted on July 07 2018
Happy Friday, friends - hoping everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! We sure enjoyed the mid-week holiday, but we are also looking forward to continuing the food and festivities (and maybe even fireworks) with friends and family this weekend.
Topping our list of must-have sides is this Italian Pasta Salad. When it comes to cooking and entertaining, it checks all of our favorite boxes - simple, versatile and full of flavor. The best part? It tastes even better when made a day ahead of serving, to let the flavors meld.
Italian Pasta Salad
- 1 16 oz box of your favorite short pasta (we like using shells)
- 1 12 oz jar of marinated artichokes, liquid reserved
- 6 oz salami, cut into small cubes (can also use pre-sliced salami, and cut into long strips or squares)
- 6 oz sliced provolone cheese, cut into long strips or squares
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup reserved artichoke marinade
- 1 bottle Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Basil or Italian Parsley, to garnish
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain and set aside to cool in large bowl.
- Drain marinated artichokes (reserving liquid), and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- When pasta has cooled, combine with the artichokes, provolone, salami and red onion.
- Pour vinegar, reserved artichoke marinade and dressing over pasta mixture, tossing well to coat.
- Stir in grated Parmesan cheese. Taste, then add salt or pepper as needed.
- Chill until ready to serve; top with garnish of choice.
We love this salad alongside grilled chicken, burgers or pepper-crusted pork tenderloin. If you want to add a little extra kick, trade the regular provolone for the smoked variety, and throw in some black olives or pepperoncini. It's sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your weekend cookouts. If you give it a try, tag your pics with #SGPSavors and let us see what you are cooking up!
Valentines Gift Guide
Hi friends! February may be the darkest, coldest month but at least there’s Valentines and Galentines just around the corner! I pulled together som...Read More
Mood-boarding & Ins...
My other word for 2021 is cultivate. Over the years, I have come to understand the importance of tending to your own voice/creativity like you woul...Read More
My words for 2021: ...
Earlier this month, I mentioned that there are several changes happening in 2021 at SGP that I would share with y'all soon. And one of the big chan...Read More